September 19-23, 2016
Hosted by Central Kentucky HRC
About The Fall Grand
The Fall Grand is one of two semiannual International Grand Hunts conducted by the Hunting Retriever Club, Inc. International Grand Hunt Committee at selected host HRC Club locations. This hunt test is for Hunting Retriever Champions (HRCH). It duplicates actual hunting conditions found throughout the country. The successful completion of two of these Grand tests will qualify a Hunting Retriever Champion for the UKC title of Grand Hunting Retriever Champion (GRHRCH).
Requirements and Policies
For participating in HRC International Grand hunts the premium requires that you have read and understand the following information.
The HRC International Grand Hunts are open to all Hunting Retriever Champions owned by current HRC members.
Eligibility: It is the owner’s responsibility to ensure that:
1) his/her dog is eligible to be entered (has earned an HRCH);
2) the Owner listed is the Registered Owner on record with UKC; and
3) both the Owner and Handler have provided HRC Membership numbers and both must be valid as of the entry deadline date of August 22, 2016.
Must be legible, correct and complete or they will be returned to the sender. The sender will then have until midnight of the entry deadline date to resubmit the corrected Premium to be eligible for entry in this Grand Hunt. Submit your entries early to avoid exclusion from this Grand Hunt.
The Entry Form Must:
- Be fully completed and legible;
- List the HRC Membership number for both the Owner and the Handler; both to be valid as of the entry deadline date;
- List only one (1) Handler - the individual actually handling the dog;
- Include appropriate funds. Checks may be postdated as the checks will not be deposited until the entry deadline date;
- Be on one (1) sheet of paper;
- Be RECEIVED by the Grand Hunt Secretary by the entry deadline date - no exceptions;
- Be SIGNED accepting the Release of Liability and certifying the immunizations of the
- dog are current and appropriate. A typed name will NOT be accepted and the entry will
- be returned.
Computer generated entry forms will be accepted ONLY if they contain ALL of the information in similar format, as required on the Official Grand Entry Form. If they do not, they will be returned.
Any of the above items listed in error shall prevent the awarding of points at the conclusion of the event.
Entries for the 2016 Fall Grand must be RECEIVED on or before August 22, 2016.
Diana Peacock, Grand Hunt Secretary
11555 Bellman Road
Grass Lake MI 49240
Waive Recipient’s signature on all Priority Mail, UPS and FedEx. Notice: The United States Postal Service Priority Mail DOES NOT guarantee next day delivery service.
Handlers MAY request being in a Flight with someone else and all reasonable attempts will be made to honor the request. Handlers’ sequence preference of running their dogs will NOT be accepted.
Handlers choosing to travel in the same vehicle must make their own logistical arrangements in order for each handler to be at the appropriate series when it is their turn to run.
A Conditional entry may be received on or before August 22, 2016 without a dog acquiring the necessary 100 HRCH points to enter the Grand event. This conditional entry will have until September 11, 2016 to obtain the necessary 100 HRCH points to enter the Grand Event. If this conditional entry does not receive the necessary points by September 11, 2016, the owner must contact the Grand Hunt Secretary by September 14, 2016 to remove the conditional entry from the Grand Hunt in order for the entry fees to be refunded to the owner. Plaque fees are not refundable.
Scratches no longer require a Veterinarian’s Certificate (Illness, Injury or Bitch in Season). Plaque fees are not refundable.
Notes & Reminders
Robert Cherry Civic Center
2701 W Park Drive, Paducah KY 42001
Handler Check-in 2:30-4:30 p.m.
Handler Meeting 4:30-5 p.m.
Banquet 5 p.m.-9 p.m.
Remember gun safety and sportsmanship!
Local Grand Hunt Committee
Grand Hunt Chairman: Tim Bach
Grand Marshall: Tim Wakefield
Grand Hunt Secretary: Diana Peacock
Grand Hunt Treasurer: Glenn Dye
Game Stewards: Paul Kartes
Ceglinski Animal Clinic
5401 Blandville Road, Paducah KY 42001
LODGING & CAMPING/RV
For full list of surrounding hotels and campgrounds, refer to the HRC website and International Grand Facebook page.